Why should my child start music at an early age?
- An exposure to music early in life helps children develop social skills and build confidence. It also helps make neural connections in the brain to develop memory and foster creativity!
- Children enjoy learning with friends and can benefit from each others’ progress
Why study at GMS rather than a private teacher at home?
- In a school environment students have access to a variety of highly qualified faculty and exposure to students at all levels in many instruments
- Students have the opportunity to attend professional quality recitals
- GMS can schedule two or more family members at the same time to make lessons more convenient
- By having lessons at our school, there are no distractions (text messages, ringing phones, Facebook or sibling interruptions) so we can provide 100% individual attention to our students
Where do I begin?
Our flexible programs are designed for you! Each student is unique and we will strive to meet your individual needs. Call us at 631-239-6169 and we will be happy to guide you through the enrollment process. If you would like to take a trial lesson first, just let us know and we will schedule this for you.
What is the teaching schedule?
What teaching methods are used?
Each instructor is guided by a broad and flexible curriculum using a diverse set of approaches tailored to each individual students need.
What if my child is interested but not gifted in music?
- We believe that any exposure to music can positively impact your child’s development in other areas of life as well. Read More
- Enjoyment and having fun while learning music is first and foremost – we emphasize the process!
I am an adult – can I take lessons at your school?
Yes! Our adult program is designed to help adults start any instrument. Emphasis is placed on music for recreation and opportunities to perform or learn in a group setting as well. Did you know that music has many health benefits too? We also provide lesson times on weekends and evenings to accommodate your busy schedule.
What styles of music can I learn?
We offer instruction in a variety of styles and genres, including classical, jazz, and pop. Don’t see something you are interested in? Let us know- we will work with you to meet your interest.
How do you choose your teachers?
The majority of the teachers we choose are graduates from top conservatories or music schools. We also look for teachers that have extensive performance experience since we are a performance oriented school. After a lengthy interview process we only hire those teachers that are have the correct balance of being very proficient with their instrument, who are caring and nurturing with their students, and passionate about teaching.